Hi everyone,

Just to add to the comments, that it's worth considering that buttons can be tricky for people with poor fine motor co-ordination or where they may have a chronic health condition such as Parkinson's, or arthritis which may affect using buttons as a fastener.  There are organisations like Ironbridge who use ties for children's costume and clasps in relation to costume design and inclusive practice.   I'm happy to talk further about how costume can affect children with cross-profile neurodiversity and SEND audiences.

Another suggestion would be for staff to regularly check the costume for any repairs and loose buttons for peace of mind, which I'm sure you do already as part of maintenance checks.

With Best Wishes

Becki