PE direction on a GE scanner will depend upon whether you scanned in clinical or research mode (default PE direction is different in each mode), and which OS the scanner used (eg. Older HD versions or newer DV versions).

If you assume the first dataset is A-P and the second (blipped) is P-A, then run topup with
0 -1 0 0.1
0 1 0 0.1

If the areas of inhomogeneity on the field map output (my_fout) are black, then the first dataset is P-A and the blipped is A-P. Confirm this by running
0 1 0 0.1
0 -1 0 0.1
The my_fout should show the temporal bone region as white.

Jesper please correct me if I am wrong!

Jerome