Research Fellow in Evidence Synthesis (maternity cover)
SHTAC
Location:  Southampton Science Park, Chilworth
Salary:   £30,942 to £38,017 Per annum
Full Time (Part time considered) Fixed Term for 12 months
Closing Date:  Wednesday 09 October 2019
Interview Date:   Friday 25 October 2019
Reference:  1178619VB

The Southampton Health Technology Assessments Centre (SHTAC), part of the Wessex Institute, within the Faculty of Medicine at the University of Southampton is currently advertising a post for a Research Fellow in Evidence Synthesis.

This is a 12 month fixed term maternity cover position. Full time or part time will be considered.

We are one of nine Technology Assessment Review (TAR<https://www.intertasc.org.uk/>) teams contracted to provide independent health technology assessments (HTAs) for the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE<https://www.nice.org.uk/>). We also have an active programme of other research, including systematic reviews for Cochrane, National Institute for Health Research (NIHR), and cost-effectiveness analysis in the clinical trials, statistical data analysis and decision analytic modelling.

The University of Southampton<https://www.southampton.ac.uk/> is a founding member of the Russell Group, a top 20 UK university and one of the top 100 universities in the world. With a global reputation for academic excellence, we offer a stimulating, challenging and dynamic working environment for all our staff.

We are looking for a researcher to join a cohesive research team working on evidence synthesis to answer major policy questions concerning the effective use of drugs, devices, procedures, diagnostics, public health programmes and other health interventions.

If you have the relevant background, this is an exciting opportunity to join a growing team developing an influential research programme. We would expect a PhD or equivalent qualification in a relevant discipline (health technology assessment/epidemiology/public health/health promotion) and/or relevant research experience.  You would be encouraged and supported to develop your knowledge, skills and research interests, to publish high quality research reports and papers and to present findings at local, national and international conferences and meetings. Opportunities for further training are encouraged and supported.

Applications for Research Fellow positions will be considered from candidates who are working towards or nearing completion of a relevant PhD qualification.  The title of Research Fellow will be applied upon successful completion of the PhD.  Prior to the qualification being awarded the title of Senior Research Assistant will be given.

For an informal discussion please e-mail or telephone Dr Jonathan Shepherd ([log in to unmask] or 02380 597055).

For more information about SHTAC, please visit the website<https://www.southampton.ac.uk/shtac/>.

To apply online please visit https://jobs.soton.ac.uk/Logon/?jobId=21768

Dr Jonathan Shepherd
Principal Research Fellow
Southampton Health Technology Assessments Centre (SHTAC)
Room 2001, First Floor, Alpha House, Enterprise Road
The University of Southampton Science Park
Southampton
SO16 7NS
UK

Tel: +44 (0) 23 80 597055
www.southampton.ac.uk/shtac<http://www.southampton.ac.uk/shtac>

Email disclaimer: For SHTAC's (Wessex Institute, University of Southampton) position on the status of this email correspondence please see: www.southampton.ac.uk/shtac/contact/email_disclaimer.page<http://www.southampton.ac.uk/shtac/contact/email_disclaimer.page>

SHTAC is part of the Wessex Institute, Faculty of Medicine, University of Southampton www.southampton.ac.uk/medicine/<http://www.southampton.ac.uk/medicine/>