Well, that’s what happened to me when I took the registered PoA to my mother’s bank. They don’t let people have control over their money if they have no capacity. You are not helping them make decisions, you are making decisions for them because they have no capacity to make decisions themselves.

Hilary

From: This list is for those interested in Data Protection issues <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Paul Ticher
Sent: 17 September 2019 11:09
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [data-protection] Data subject’s expectations and wishes

I respectfully disagree.

The individual definitely does not necessarily lose control of their bank accounts once the bank has registered the LPA if they still have the ability to do some things for themselves.  The donor and the attorney can operate in tandem.

See https://www.gov.uk/lasting-power-attorney-duties/property-financial-affairs

I think 'lasting' is just  the new name for 'enduring'.

Best wishes,

Paul

Paul Ticher
22 Stoughton Drive North, Leicester LE5 5UB
0116 273 8191