**apologies for cross-posting **

Dear colleagues,

We are pleased to share call for papers for the Council for European Studies conference in Reykjavik (22-24 June 2020): Deadline for proposals: 15th of October.

The theme for the upcoming conference is Europe’s Past, Present and Future: Utopias and Dystopias.The call for papers for the general conference can be found below.
As the Co-chairs of the Gender and Sexuality Research Network, we are keen to invite more paper and panels working gender and sexuality issues in European Studies (broadly conceived).

Topics of interest include, but are not limited to:

- LGBT politics in Europe
- Anti-Gender campaigns
- Social movements
- Homonationalism
- Agenda-setting
- Heteronormativity politics
- Reproductive rights
- Gender dynamics in elections
- Gender Equality politics
- Gender and the European Union
- Nationalism and Gender
- Masculinities

Note that CES gives priority to Panel submissions in its selection for the programme.
To support the creation of panels we propose the following options:

• If you have a  full panel proposals with up to 4 paper abstracts and the name of the chair or discussant, then you can submit directly to the online portal. (Please do not forget to tick the Gender and Sexuality Network box when submitting).

• You can send us your solo abstracts which we will review and organise into panels. This carries the advantage that we can support clusters within gender studies. In order for us to have time to complete this, however, we would ask that they are sent to us ([log in to unmask]by 5 October.

We are also looking for volunteers who are willing to chair or be discussant at panels.  Again, please do get in contact if this is something you would be interested in taking on.

If you need any further information, or have any queries, please do not hesitate to get in touch.

With very best wishes,

Sarah Cooper and Koen Slootmaeckers
GSRN Co-Chairs
@CES_GSRN

COUNCIL  for EUROPEAN  STUDIES

*** Please circulate this to any potentially interested listservs and research networks. Thank you!***

Dear colleagues,

The Council for European Studies (CES) at Columbia University invites proposal submissions for the 27th International Conference of Europeanists on the theme of Europe’s Past, Present, and Future: Utopias and Dystopias. The conference will be held at the University of Iceland on June 22-24, 2020.

Conference Information:
As we celebrate the 50th anniversary of the founding of the Council for European Studies, we reflect on the various ways in which Europe as a place, an idea, a people, an Empire, a utopia, and a dystopia has manifested itself. The year 2020 marks the moment for this reflection, given recent and ongoing changes in the boundaries of European citizenship, the fragile institutional arrangements of the European social model, the postcolonial analysis of Europe in the world, the population dynamics that define who is European, Europe’s changing relationships with other regions and parts of world society, including the Global South, and the configuration of global hegemony.

We invite proposals for panels, roundtables, book discussions, and individual papers on the study of Europe, including its various expansions and contractions over CES’ fifty-year history.

Practical Information:
Proposals may be submitted from August 26-October 15, 2019. Priority will be given to panel submissions. Participants will be notified of the Program Committee’s decision by December 15, 2019. Information on how to submit proposals will be posted on the CES website.

For more details:
Founded in 1970the Council for European Studies (CES) produces, supports, and recognizes outstanding, multi-disciplinary research on Europe through a wide range of programs and initiatives.

Many Thanks,
The CES Team

_________________
Dr Koen Slootmaeckers
Lecturer in International Politics
Departmental Undergraduate Senior Tutor
Co-Chair of the Council for European Studies' Gender and Sexuality Research Network

City, University of London
Department of International Politics (Room D.510)
Northampton Square
London
EC1V 0HB
United Kingdom

Email: [log in to unmask]
Phone: +44 (0) 20 7040 0197

Pronouns: he/him/his (learn more about pronouns here)

Latest Publications:
Slootmaeckers, K., O’Dwyer, C. (2018). Europeanization of attitudes towards homosexuality: exploring the role of education in the transnational diffusion of values. Innovation: The European Journal of Social Science Research. 31(4), 406-428.
Slootmaeckers, K., Sircar, I. (2018). Marrying European and Domestic Politics? The Marriage Referendum in Croatia and Value-Based EuroscepticismEurope-Asia Studies.​ 70(3), 321-344.

To unsubscribe from the CRITSEX list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=CRITSEX&A=1