Dear colleagues,

We have two positions open for in situ structural cell biology research and development at the Simons Electron Microscopy Center in NYC. The job posting is listed below and attached.

Love cell biology and structural biology? Start your career as a leader in the emerging field of in situ structural cell biology. As a technician or paid intern in our program, you’ll join our cutting-edge research and development initiatives to understand the cellular context in which macromolecules exist and associate to form the basis of life using cryo-EM/ET. Key technologies in active development include correlative light electron microscopy (cryo-CLEM), focused ion beam milling (FIB-Milling) of single cell and mammalian cells, lift-out procedure of tissue, and automation software for tomography acquisition and unsupervised FIB-Milling. No prior EM experience is required as we are building an integrated team to push the barriers of the field and create new methodologies. Hands-on scientific experience, Linux experience, and Python programming experience are pluses, but not required.

At the Simons Electron Microscopy Center we are equipped with a Helios Nanolab 650 with a cryo-stage, AutoScript4 FIB/SEM automation software, and Omniprobe lift-out, a Zeiss Airyscan 2, high-pressure freezers, several grid plunging devices including Spotiton and Chameleon, several screening electron microscopes, and several Titan Krios electron microscopes.

Interested? Find out more by visiting http://semc.nysbc.org or email Kotato Kelley at [log in to unmask]

Best regards,
Kotaro Kelley
Alex Noble