I totally agree. And because the new dataset is of higher resolution, there will be new reflections in the test set anyway.

Now if you want to use the same testset always for series of isomorphous datasets (even though you do not need to), you can do this:
- Use unique to make a full set of reflections given your space group and cell dimensions
- Assign a testset to that file using the program freerflag
Foreach dataset:
- Copy over the testset from you master file
End

Note that the testsets in the datasets will be super/subsets of each other but assuming the data are complete they will be the same if you use the same resolution cut-offs.

Cheers,
Robbie