FLUX EVENTS: TOMORROW FLUX SOCIAL
View this email in your browser

Maria Almena, Oliver Gingrich & Aphra Shemza invite you tomorrow to...

FLUX Social: Networks
25th September 2019, 7.30-10pm

The Library London, 112 St Martins Lane, London, WC2N 1BD

BUY TICKETS HERE

Speakers:
DEEN ATGER: Ugly Duck & Kallida Festival | KEITH WATSON: Winter Lights Festival
Dr CAMILLE BAKER: WEAR Sustain and STARTS | GRAHAM DIPROSE: Electronic Visual Arts Conference

Our September event will focus on our annual theme of Networks, featuring speakers from key institutions and organizations in the new media arts scene in the UK. The speakers will come together to share their work with our artist-audience and explore how we can strengthen our community together fostering new collaborations and partnerships.

More info here. Tickets here.
Image: Artist: Tivon Rice, Photographer: Lara Proctor, Location: Ugly Duck, Anamorphic Waves - 2019
THANK YOU
Event Two at the Digital Design Weekend

A huge thank you to the V&A for hosting us at the Digital Design Weekend this weekend and thank you to our artist's Andy Lomas, Stuart Batchelor, Aphra Shemza & Mowgli for being present to engage visitors with the exhibition. Thank you to our Moving Image artists, the showreel went down brilliantly and a big shout out to our partners the Computer Art Society, it was a pleasure working alongside you again as always.

More information here.

RECOMMENDED

The Glove x Edited: Dream Catalogue Showcase
28th September 2019
The Glove that Fits, 179 Morning Lane
London E9 6LH

Edited Arts are hosting rare live performances from net-label Dream Catalogue. Through their music, Dream Catalogue's artists project vivid imagery of lost futures and rain-drenched neon cities into the listeners minds. (More)

Sensible analysis of image datasets through ImageJ
12th October 2019, 11am-3pm

Iklectik, 'Old Paradise Yard' 20 Carlisle Lane, SE1 7LG

This workshop aims to build basic knowledge for the use of ImageJ (free software) for the visualization of image datasets. (More)

Interactive Light Art Workshop
26th & 27th October 2019, 10am-5pm
Space 4, 113 Fonthill Road
London, N4 3HH

Join internationally renowned light artist Aphra Shemza and programmer Jamie Howard this October for their Interactive Light Art Workshop. The team will provide a hands-on two-day workshop where participants will learn how to create a sound reactive light sculpture. (More)

Virtual Surgery
4th October 2019, 18:30 - 22:30
Shoreditch Underground Event Space
82a Commercial Street, London E1 6LY

This society has taken the idea of spectacle to an almost surreal extreme, pointed out by John Harris as he reflects on Guy Debord’s notion that behind the masks of total choice, different forms of the same alienation confront each other. (More)

Plastic Recycling Workshop
19th October 2019
Building Bloqs, 4 Anthony Way
London, N18 3QT

Join internationally renowned artist Aphra Shemza in this one day workshop to learn how to recycle and reform common waste plastics to create superb decorative materials that can be used for creative projects. (More)

This section is reserved for you!
Monthly submission

Please contact us with any information that you feel is relevant to the group, we would love to share it with everyone. This could be an exhibition or event you are involved in or any open calls or opportunities that you think might be of interest to us.

Facebook
Website
Email
Copyright © 2019 Flux Events, All rights reserved.

You can update your preferences or unsubscribe from this list

This email was sent to [log in to unmask]
FLUX Events · Unit 15 · 5 Fountayne Road · London, Rdb N15 4QL · United Kingdom

Email Marketing Powered by Mailchimp

To unsubscribe from the CAS list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=CAS&A=1