Hi

Our scanner, an Epsom GT20000,  dates from pre 2012, but was going well until we moved to Windows 10.  It now crashes fairly frequently.    I think the time has come to purchase a new one, before this one gives up completely.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a scanner please?  It is for daily office use, rather than an intensive scanning programme, but must be able to cope with the usual archival docs, photos etc, up to  A3.  It would be useful if  it could scan negatives too, however see below re microfiche reader.  We have been happy with the quality of the Epsom.

I also need to look into purchasing a new microfiche reader. I understand some of these can also scan negatives, which if the quality etc was good enough,  would mean the new scanner wouldn't have to be able to do that.

Of course, if there is some amazing yet affordable product on the market that can do ALL of the above, even better.

Grateful for any advice.

Kind regards

Phaedra

Phaedra Casey BA MA MA
Archivist
Brunel University London
Information Services
My usual hours of work are Mon - Thurs, 9am to 3.30pm.

 01895 267095

Our archive catalogue is online:               https://archivesearch.brunel.ac.uk/calmview/