he family of a pioneering civil servant who advised Michael Collins on the Treaty negotiations and who helped devise the compensation and reconstruction scheme following the burning of Cork, has donated his vast personal archive to his native city.

The Lord Mayor of Cork, Cllr John Sheehan, welcomed the generous donation by the family of Diarmaid (Jeremiah) L Fawsitt of his treasure trove of papers to the Cork City and County Archives Service just ahead of the city’s series of centenary commemorative events next year.

http://bit.ly/2mQUFAC
http://bit.ly/2mQUFAC+

--
Peterk