Dear Colleagues,

Apologies for cross posting, we hope this finds you well.

ARA Scotland is delighted to announce the  launch of this year's Scottish Explore Your Archive campaign with an event at the National Records of Scotland, New Register House in Edinburgh.

The Explore Your Archive Scotland Launch will take place on 25 November at New Register House, 3 W Register St, Edinburgh, from 6pm until 9pm. The evening will feature a talk from the EYA Scotland Archives Ambassador, Jamie Crawford (from BBC One's 'Scotland from the Sky'), as well as a presentation from Dawn Sinclair, Harper Collins archivist. Additionally, we will be unveiling the new Explore Your Archive website. The launch theme is purposefully broad this year, focusing on the ways in which archival materials can be used across disciplines, and by a wide variety of users.

This event is open to all - whether you are already involved in the archives and heritage sector, or you haven't yet explored what archives have to offer but are keen to get involved, we welcome you to join us for an informal evening of presentations and discussions.

For more information on Jamie and his work  , please see the announcement on our website:  https://www.archives.org.uk/images/Scotland/Scottish_EYA_Ambassador_Announcement.pdf

To book, please follow the link to the Eventbrite page:  https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/explore-your-archive-scotland-launch-tickets-70483541169?aff=ebdshpsearchautocomplete

Please forward this email on to anyone you think may be interested in joining us. We include a poster for the event, which we encourage you to share widely. You can also keep engaged and up to date on Twitter via the ARAS Twitter (@ARAScot), James's Twitter (@Jdcrawf), as well as our other social media accounts (Facebook: @scotlandara; Instagram: @ara_scotland), and the NRA and Scotarch Listservs - we hope to see you there!

With best wishes,

ARA Scotland Committee

Find us on Twitter @ARAScot

Follow us on Facebook @scotlandara