You know, I think you've nailed type 1. A quick Google for archaeological
*Chrozophora* yielded a 2015 blog entry (see below) from a Swedish team
working at the Cypriot site of Hala Sultan Tekke, which includes a report
and photo of seeds identified as *Chrozophora tinctoria* that are
essentially an exact match for mine. Also, *C*. *tinctoria* appears to be
the only species recorded in the genus for Turkey, which makes for further
confidence again in this ID.

http://www.fischerarchaeology.se/?page_id=1989
http://www.fischerarchaeology.se/wp-content/uploads/2014/10/Fig.-23-Copy.jpg

Many thanks!

Best wishes,
Rhona

*Rhona S. H. Fenwick*PhD (Social Science) *Qld*
BSc (Biomed), BA (Hons 1st Class) (Archæology)

*Qld*
Honorary Research Fellow
School of Social Science
The University of Queensland