Dear all,

A few places are still remaining on our zooarchaeology short courses which will run in September 2019.

Details:

UNDERSTANDING ZOOARCHAEOLOGY I 10TH – 12TH SEPTEMBER 2019: this course is directed to students, professionals and enthusiasts who want to discover the fascinating and stimulating world of animal remains recovered from archaeological sites. Please note that this course does not require any previous knowledge of zooarchaeology. The teaching will be delivered through short lectures and hands-on practical activities.

BIRDS IN ARCHAEOLOGY 13TH SEPTEMBER 2019A NEW SHORT COURSE WHICH WILL RUN FOR THE 1ST TIMEThe course will introduce you to the study of bird remains in archaeology, with sessions on British birds and the species most commonly found in archaeological sites. The course is directed towards students, professionals and bird enthusiasts. The teaching will be delivered through hands-on practical activities, short lectures and case studies.

This course can be taken as a stand-alone one day course or together with Understanding Zooarchaeology I which will run from 10th – 12thSeptember.

Prices:

Understanding Zooarchaeology I

£ 200 (waged)

£ 140 (student/unwaged)

Birds in Archaeology

£100 (waged)

£ 70 (student/unwaged)

£ 260 (waged) for booking UZI and Birds in Archaeology together

£ 185 (student/unwaged) for booking UZI and Birds in Archaeology together

You can contact us at: [log in to unmask]

For further information, please see:

https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/archaeology/research/zooarchaeology-lab/short-course

Follow us on Facebook at:

https://www.facebook.com/Sheffield-Zooarchaeology-Short-Course-100619023380021/?ref=hl

Follow us on Twitter at:

https://twitter.com/ZooarchLabSheff

These courses are not aimed at professional and/or experienced zooarchaeologists. We would be grateful if you could spread the news, as you may know of people who may be interested. Please also note that this course is not run for profit but as educational tools. If any income is generated it is reused to enhance our facilities, which are fully available for the use of the general public, at no charge.

With best wishes,

The Sheffield Zooarchaeology Team

*** Apologies for cross-posting***

To unsubscribe from the ZOOARCH list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=ZOOARCH&A=1