This is an email sent via the SHCG List. If you reply to this message, your message will be sent to all the people on the list, not just the author of this message.
---------------

CALL FOR PAPERS - Social History in Museums, Volume 43

The future of Social History collections is an oft-debated topic. Following recent headlines regarding representation within museums, contemporary collecting and rationalisation, have our attitudes to collections changed? Are we working with objects differently? Who are we curating for? What is curation in the modern museum?

Articles are now being sought for the next issue of Social History in Museums, the SHCG journal, to be published in Spring 2020. Following the SHCG Conference in summer 2019, we are seeking contributions on representation in social history and museums. We are seeking proposals for articles from museum professionals, researchers, academics and students. Although we expect and welcome submissions from speakers at conference, we also strongly encourage new contributions from practioners in this field.

It is also worth noting that 2020 marks the 400th anniversary of voyage of the Mayflower and the colonisation of America by English Puritans. Articles which situate this in the contexts outlined above would be of interest.

Please send an abstract of no more than 200 words to the Journal Editor by Wednesday 18th September. When submitting your abstract, include your name, contact details, job title and institution (where relevant). If your abstract is accepted for publication, the deadline for submission of first drafts to the Editor will be Wednesday 23rd October. Please refer to the attached Guidance for Contributors.

Please contact the Editor using the details below if you would like any further information or intend to submit an article. Do circulate this CfP amongst your networks.

PEER REVIEWERS

As with recent years, there will be a peer review process for submitted articles. Experienced sector professionals will read and comment on articles, and authors will have an opportunity to amend their articles in view of the reviewers' comments. This year we are seeking to add to our small pool of peer reviewers. Please contact the editor if you would be interested in acting as a reviewer or would like further information on what this entails.

Jessie Petheram
Editor, Social History in Museums

Jessie Petheram
Tomlinson Assistant Curator of Fine Art (Documentation)
Art Galleries
National Museums Liverpool
Walker Art Gallery, William Brown Street
L3 8EL
Tel: 0151 478 4845

www.liverpoolmuseums.org.uk<http://www.liverpoolmuseums.org.uk>

Gift ideas and treats for yourself in our online shop.<http://www.liverpoolmuseums.org.uk/onlineshop>

[http://www.liverpoolmuseums.org.uk/images/email-footer/mackintosh-email-footer.png]<http://www.liverpoolmuseums.org.uk/walker/exhibitions/mackintosh/index.aspx>

National Museums Liverpool is regulated by the Department of Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS). Museums and galleries regulated by DCMS are exempt charities under Schedule 3 of the Charities Act 2011. Registered Office: World Museum, William Brown Street, Liverpool L3 8EN.

National Museums Liverpool (NML) is a data controller registered with the Information Commissioner's Office. If you have questions about whether we store data on you, or how this is being used, contact the Data Protection Officer on [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

We will process your data according to the instructions you gave to us at the time of collection of the data and for no other purpose. You can read our Data Protection Policy <https://liverpoolmuseums.us11.list-manage.com/track/click?u=6e73df552594b8bd84eb4fcf1&id=657e35b9dc&e=a1a4782276> on our website or to request a paper copy please contact us using the details above.

National Museums Liverpool Disclaimer:

This email and any attachments transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed, and may contain information that is confidential, subject to copyright. If you have received this email and you are not the intended recipient please notify the sender and delete this email and you are notified that disclosing, copying, distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this email are strictly prohibited.

Please note that any information sent, received or held by National Museums Liverpool may be disclosed under the Freedom of Information Act 2000.

This email does not conclude a binding agreement. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of National Museums Liverpool.

Although National Museums Liverpool routinely screens for viruses, recipients should scan this email and any attachments for viruses. National Museums Liverpool makes no representation or warranty that this email or any of its attachments are free of viruses or defects and does not accept any responsibility for any damage caused by any virus or defect transmitted by this email.

As part of conducting its business, National Museums Liverpool may monitor and record emails and their contents passing through their network under the Telecommunications (Lawful Business Practices) and (Interception of Communications) Regulations 2000.

[http://www.liverpoolmuseums.org.uk/images/sitewide/nml-logo.gif]

National Museums Liverpool: creating memorable experiences - for everyone - challenging expectations

Today as an organisation we are Welcoming, Honest and Educational, and as a team we are Trustworthy, Respectful and Inclusive.

The SHCG list is provided for members of Social History Curators Group to discuss subjects relevant to social history in museums. To join SHCG visit www.shcg.org.uk . Opinions expressed in this email are the responsibility of the author and are not necessarily shared by SHCG. To leave the list do not reply to this message but send an email to [log in to unmask] with a blank subject line and these words as the body of the email: SIGNOFF SHCG-LIST