HE Ministry of Defence (MoD) plans to destroy more than 100,000 historic files, the Morning Star has discovered.

It has earmarked 71,330 “legacy” documents as “awaiting disposal,” plus another 85,000 records from the mid-1990s.

The plans mean that as many as 156,330 military files may be shredded, rather than handed over to the National Archives in Kew where members of the public would be able to read them.

http://bit.ly/2MHbIjT
http://bit.ly/2MHbIjT+

--
Peterk