Doug, it looks odd to see you here referring to porpoises in Australia.
Googling, I note that we do have one species of porpoise but there are 14
species of dolphin here (32 worldwide) and dolphins are far more prevalent.
They have prominent elongated beaks and a hooked or curved dorsal fin as
opposed to the porpoise’s triangular fin. Porpoises are generally more
portly, dolphins leaner. I’ve seen many energetic dolphins, mostly racing
and cavorting alongside boats or ferries and once, at Noosa Heads, saw a
couple out beyond the waves I was bodysurfing. I reckon it is more likely
you saw a dolphin too.

Anyway, your poem has retained its indentations and spaces and sense.
Confined pleasure a different beast from open wild writhing.

Bill