This is a great idea, Anthony – I’d also be interested in discussing the environmental impact of the 24/7/265 academic library and all the technology which supports it. Debbie

From: MmIT Committee <[log in to unmask]> On Behalf Of Antony Groves
Sent: 05 August 2019 10:52
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Urgent: topic for MmIT / uklibchat Twitter Chat on 2 September is needed

Hi Alison,

I’d added this to our padlet as an idea for a blogpost, but how about something around ‘Green Tech’ and environmental footprint of technology e.g. tools like Ecosia and Forest, and the high energy consumption of blockchain technology?

While I was on holiday last week Sussex joined others and declared a climate emergency so it would certainly be timely.

All the best,

Antony