Hi Bridget

I went to an interesting meeting at Herefordshire Archives where they talked about the design of their new(ish) building (opened 2015) which was built to PassivHaus standards.

The archive building is both a store and a place for the public to visit so different areas have different temperature & humidity requirements.

This large building requires just one small domestic boiler for heating and a smaller cooler unit to keep it at the required conditions saving approx 80% of fuel consumption compared to a standard build.

And the cost of building it all came in lower than a traditional build.

It made me wonder why not more public buildings are built to this standard.

Best wishes

Linda