Hello

Thank you to everyone who replied to my recent question about leadership, management or healthcare administration resources. Please find a summary below. I’ve incorporated suggestions from the summary of responses about Emerald Insight following a recent post (31/7/2019) by Lisa Lawrence (UHDB Library) which I missed whilst I was on leave - thanks very much for sending me this Lisa.

Websites and databases

•	The King’s Fund https://koha.kingsfund.org.uk/

•	Health Management Online (NHS National Services Scotland) http://www.healthmanagementonline.scot.nhs.uk/home.aspx
Library search and links to reading lists on several aspects of healthcare management and leadership: http://www.healthmanagementonline.scot.nhs.uk/health-management-library.aspx http://www.healthmanagementonline.scot.nhs.uk/reading-lists.aspx

•	Social Care Online https://www.scie-socialcareonline.org.uk/

•	HMIC (Health Management Information Consortium) a combination of The King's Fund and Department of Health and Social Care library databases. Both contain health and care management material and resources. Available via HDAS.

•	EBSCO databases - Academic Source Complete and Business Source Complete (suggested by a HE colleague who reports good usage and benefit of familiarity with other EBSCO databases).

•	EMERALD Insight – from the responses Lisa received it seems that content is good. The searching interface is easy to use. Best for straightforward searches rather than complex questions as there’s no advanced search function. Boolean searching is possible but not ideal for less experienced searchers. Lisa received a suggestion to integrate Emerald with your Discovery tool to improve searching.

Other options to consider included Wiley Nursing Collection and expanding individual journal subscriptions. The following titles were suggested by Springer:

Health Care Management Science- https://rd.springer.com/journal/10729
International Journal of Health Economics and Management - https://rd.springer.com/journal/10754
Health Care Analysis - https://rd.springer.com/journal/10728
Journal of Management and Governance - https://rd.springer.com/journal/10997
Health Services and Outcomes Research Methodology - https://rd.springer.com/journal/10742
The Patient - Patient-Centered Outcomes Research - https://rd.springer.com/journal/40271

Last but not least was to boost your print/ebook leadership and management titles. Books remain popular with apprentices.

Thank you once again for all the suggestions and useful advice.

Best Wishes

Rayanne

Rayanne Byatt MCLIP
Librarian
William Harvey Library
GETEC
George Eliot Hospital
College Street
Nuneaton
Warwickshire
CV10 7DJ

Telephone Number: 02476153144
Email: [log in to unmask]
Website: http://geh.wordpress.ptfs-europe.co.uk/
Connecting YOU with the right information to learn, develop, innovate and research