Hi Abbas,

That is pretty impressive! What are you doing about people who never bring books back? Are you charging for the cost of replacement? How long are you waiting before doing so?

Best wishes,

Fiona

From: UK medical / health care library community / information workers [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Susan Smith
Sent: 22 August 2019 10:01
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Library Fines – is it worth the hassle

Universities have been taking this approach recently.  We are just about to introduce this alongside automated renewal system at the end of the month.  It will be interesting to see how our stats compare to yours.

We have had falling revenue and I have long argued the cost of chasing is not worth everyone involves time.

Susan Smith
Senior Librarian

Mid Cheshire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
Leighton Hospital, Middlewich Road, Crewe, Cheshire, CW1 4QJ
Tel: 01270 27 (3172)