  Centre for Research on Families and Relationships International Conference

Intersectionality, Families and Relationships
22 – 24 June 2020, Edinburgh, UK
https://crfr-conference2020.sps.ed.ac.uk

Organised by the Centre for Research on Families and Relationships and the
University of Edinburgh’s School of Social and Political Science (SPS).
For our sixth international conference, we will explore how families and personal relationships are implicated in a range of intersections: both as systems through which oppression may circulate, and as sites of resistance and transformation. Leading social theorist and activist Patricia Hill Collins will open our conference, providing the platform for an exciting and vibrant dialogue on how intersectionality, past and present, can deepen our understandings of families and relationships and the power relations within.
Keynote speakers include:

The call for papers will close on 31st August 2019. Contributions are welcome from both academics across disciplines, and those in non-academic practice or policy settings. Contributions may include, but are not limited to, the role of intersectionality in families and/or relationships in the following areas:
·        Race & ethnicity
·        Sexuality & gender
·        Social class and inequalities
·        Intersectional childhoods & youths
·        Spatial mobilities, families & community
·        Disability studies
·        Health & illness
·        Older people
·        Environment, sustainability & climate change
·        Intersectionality, practice & professional perspective
·        Digital families and mediated relationships
·        Intersectional methods & ethical issues
You can submit your abstract via the conference website: https://crfr-conference2020.sps.ed.ac.uk.
Any questions, contact Helen Walker, the Centre Secretary on [log in to unmask].

To unsubscribe from the INTERSECTIONAL-CHILDHOODS-YOUTHS list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=INTERSECTIONAL-CHILDHOODS-YOUTHS&A=1