Dear all,

The research project request below was sent to me because of my engagement with the group British in Germany. If you or any other British citizens you know emigrated to Germany during or after 2008, Daniel Tetlow would be interested in hearing from you. He is hoping to speak to people from a broad spectrum of backgrounds, political affiliations and opinions on Brexit.

Please respond to Daniel directly rather than via this list. His contact details are at the bottom.

Best wishes from sunny Marbach,
Madeleine Brook

Hello, I’m writing to you to ask if you’d be willing for me to interview you for a research project I’m doing up to 31st October looking at the migration drivers from the UK to Germany between 2008–2019. The project is supported by the Oxford/Berlin University Research Partnership and being supervised by a postdoctoral researcher at the research unit Migration, Integration and Transnationalisation at WZB - the Berlin Social Science Centre.

The motivation for the project is that there is so little data available about emigration from the UK and the political events of the last few years have made a better understanding of emigration from the UK much more relevant and important. I'm looking for a wide sample from across Germany with different ages, locations and arrival contexts.

If you’d be willing, all information you give me would be strictly anonymised and it would entail me either coming to meet you where you are based if that’s convenient, or meet you via online video for half an hour max talking to you about the reasons you moved to Germany. I’m aiming to get the interviews done by mid Sept latest so I can move on to the analysis in the final month. My background is radio feature and investigative documentary making mainly for BBC Radio 4 and I’m the co-founder of British in Germany e.V., based in Berlin with my young family.

Thanks and all the best,
Daniel Tetlow

Contact: <[log in to unmask]>
Tel and what’s app: +44 776 262 2350