Hello all,

I have been part of this mailing list for a few months now but have mostly
been inactive. I have found it immensely useful.
I am from India and have been working as a researcher in London exploring
knowledges created by mental health service users, survivors, and persons
with psychosocial disabilities in the Global South. I, myself, have used
mental health services for most of my life and consider myself to be
psychosocially disabled.

When I started this project the focus was very much on user-led research or
survivor research.
Over the last 2 years I have had the opportunity to engage with activists
and advocates in the Global South who have been working with psychosocial
disabilities and centre the CRPD in their work. This project is due to end
next year and I am exploring options for a future in related fields.

I am keen to do a PhD further exploring the constructions of psychosocial
disability, its use in activism and advocacy, and the relationship between
the mental health service-user movements and the disability movements. I
would like to focus on India and the UK. These are just some starting
points and will of course change with time and research.

I am currently looking for potential supervisors in the UK. My academic
background is mostly in mental health. Any suggestions from what
universities/departments/people might be good starting points?

Thank you!

Best wishes,
Akriti