Dear Jan,
   The first thing I would do is make sure your CCP4 installation is up to date. Then open a shell/terminal and set up your CCP4 environment in the normal way. Make sure CCP4i2 is not running.

Then type:

sh $CCP4/share/ccp4i2/bin/reconstructDB

A window should appear which lets you select folders containing ccp4i2 projects. By default, everything in $HOME/CCP4I2_PROJECTS is selected, but you can add other directories with the "Add" button.

Click OK. After a while (depending on number of projects/jobs/disk speed, etc.) a file will be written in your home directory called

ccp4i2_backup_db.sqlite

This file is a new database and needs to be put in the location of your "working" database. Assuming you are OK to trash everything in the new database on your new computer, you can do:

mv $HOME/ccp4i2_backup_db.sqlite $HOME/.CCP4I2/db/database.sqlite
rm $HOME/.CCP4I2/db/database.sqlite-shm $HOME/.CCP4I2/db/database.sqlite-wal

Then try restarting CCP4i2.

Please let me know if this works or not.

Best wishes,
Stuart McNicholas