Sent from AOL Mobile Mail

On Thursday, 22 August 2019, [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

There certainly are other groups and many on here can point you in the correct direction in finding them.

Lurking is fine and it’s nice to know there’s life out there beyond Luke & Peter & David. I don’t expect everyone to contribute but there are important issues we could discuss if anyone is interested. It does not have to be political or veer towards social studies as literature in itself is adequate. There is life beyond JH Prynne whose output is admirable with my criticism purely on grounds of access.

Also we live in a political world that becomes more apolitical with old brands being toppled upside down. The modern society has little community spirit except in a crisis which I expect permeates into the world of writing. Once upon a time people went to church now they go to vast shopping emporiums for a Sunday of consumption.

The hot zones of the planet are faraway from our shores where bombs explode killing sixty three in Kabul. Nobody on the islands we dwell on seems to be concerned about this or our media celebrities.

In a literary sense we must look to the future not be stuck in the past as our generation gradually fades away.

What will the legacy be & how will our generation be seen?

Cheers
Sean

Sent from AOL Mobile Mail