Records dating from the late 19th century have been damaged by a flood at a
government-run historical archive.

The damage to documents, which include marriage and death certificates,
occurred on Tuesday last week at the National Records of Scotland on
Princes Street, Edinburgh, after hours of torrential rain.

Former employees said that the dome at the back of the building had been
leaking for many years but had not been repaired. Checks carried out since
the damage occurred revealed that reports of the leaks had not been passed
to the relevant department, according to *The Scotsman*.

http://bit.ly/2KmvsWA
http://bit.ly/2KmvsWA+ <http://bit.ly/2KmvsWA>

--
Peterk