Hi SIMSOCcers

We currently have a Postdoctoral Research Fellowship in social networks, complexity and public health advertised at Queen’s University Belfast.

The successful candidate will help build a programme of research focused on using public health datasets and data from wearable sensors and cameras, GPS and telecommunications data and other digital footprints from social media and GIS platforms to better define the socioecological determinants that shape health related behaviours and health and wellbeing outcomes in the population. The post will involve the application of hypothesis-driven computational approaches (including statistical, machine learning, graph-based or other approaches) for the discovery and validation of novel behavioural phenotypes, their mediators and predictors of their health outcomes, as appropriate for the interrogation and analysis of population level "Big Data" and "Small Data" (the quantified self). We are also interested in using the intelligence from such datastreams to design and test interventions using novel designs such as SMART, Just in Time and MOST.

https://hrwebapp.qub.ac.uk/tlive_webrecruitment/wrd/run/ETREC107GF.open?VACANCY_ID=584657BbNg&WVID=6273090Lgx&LANG=USA

Closing date: 7th August 2019.

Best wishes

Ruth

Dr Ruth Hunter

Centre for Public Health

Queen’s University Belfast

Belfast, Northern Ireland, UK

E-mail: [log in to unmask]

To unsubscribe from the SIMSOC list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=SIMSOC&A=1