This is an email sent via the SHCG List. If you reply to this message, your message will be sent to all the people on the list, not just the author of this message. -------------------------------

Hi everyone,

The Royal Historical Society is conducting a survey for experiences of LGBT+ people who work in the field of history. They use the data to advocate for a wider acknowledgement of marginalised histories and a better working experience for individuals. The survey takes up to 30mins to complete. It is important that we as museums also submit our responses, as we are responsible to our audiences and communities in reflecting and supporting their lives. You do not need to identify as LGBT+ to take part in the survey, it is open to all people who are an ally to LGBT+ people.

https://blog.royalhistsoc.org/2019/07/01/rhs-lgbt-survey-2019-launch/

Feel free to forward this on to anyone you know working in the history/museum sector.

Best wishes,

Philip Newton
Communities Engagement Researcher

Castle Capital Project

York Museums Trust
York Castle Museum
Eye of York
York
YO1 9RY

Telephone: 01904 628632
Web: www.yorkmuseumstrust.org.uk

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + GEM list: Contact the list owner for assistance at [log in to unmask] Anyone can join for free at any time by sending this message to [log in to unmask]: Join GEM Firstname Secondname Include only the text above, without email signature etc. The title of the email doesn’t matter. Send it to [log in to unmask] If you are going on holiday or have an out of office message for some other reason, you can send this message: Set GEM nomail When you get back: Set GEM mail You don’t 'miss' any messages by doing this as they are all available via main GEM list web page as above. Finally, if you need to change your email address, but stay subscribed to GEM, just send your new email address like this: CHANGE GEM [log in to unmask] + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +

The SHCG list is provided for members of Social History Curators Group to discuss subjects relevant to social history in museums. To join SHCG visit www.shcg.org.uk . Opinions expressed in this email are the responsibility of the author and are not necessarily shared by SHCG. To leave the list do not reply to this message but send an email to [log in to unmask] with a blank subject line and these words as the body of the email: SIGNOFF SHCG-LIST