AGU = American Geophysical Union
Jo
(psci-com owner)

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: Call for abstracts : Invitation to the session ED042
Date: Tue, 9 Jul 2019 03:06:28 +0400
From: Nabanita Borah <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]

Dear All,

Greetings!!

Are you working on Climate Change Communication? Then here is an opportunity to share your experience.

We (Patrick Chandler, Marda Kirn
me) are proposing a session "Performative Artform: A way to Climate Change Communication" (ED042) in the upcoming AGU fall meeting, 2019.

Whether you are a communicator, artist, or a scientist working towards the goal of communicating climate change to the non-experts through artistic initiatives, please do consider submitting a proposal in this session. We are looking forward to see you in San Francisco and have a great discussion. Interactive presentations involving the audiences are highly desired.

Session ID: ED042
Session Title:  Performative Artform: A way to Climate Change Communication
Convener: Nabanita Borah
Co-convener:   Patrick Chandler, Marda Kirn
Session description:
This session will demonstrate how to communicate climate change information to the non-experts through performative artistic initiatives. Using performative methods to communicate complex information to audiences with heterogeneous levels of knowledge has proven to be effective. Through a series of case studies, we will explore how these methods have been applied and their impacts. Presenters will come from communications, science, and artistic backgrounds and we hope to gather a diverse audience to discuss methodologies and facilitate connections.

Please find the details here.

Regards,
Nabanita

Dr. Nabanita Borah
Research Affiliate
Center for Climate Change Communication
George Mason University

********************************************************************** psci-com how-to: Once subscribed, send emails for the list to [log in to unmask] If not subscribed, either subscribe here https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?A0=psci-com or send requests for items to be posted on your behalf to [log in to unmask] To unsubscribe (or silence messages while away) send an email (any subject) to [log in to unmask] with one of the following messages (ignoring text in brackets) • signoff psci-com (to leave the list) • set psci-com nomail (to stop receiving messages while on holiday) • set psci-com mail (to resume getting messages) Contact list owner at [log in to unmask] Small print and JISCMail acceptable use policy https://sites.google.com/site/pscicomjiscmail/the-small-print Contact Jisc Helpline: Email: [log in to unmask], Telephone: 0300 300 2212 **********************************************************************