I really think Google would be fighting this if they believed it impacted on their platform? They must get some benefits from websites using GA for no cost, so if everyone switched it off I can’t imagine Google being very happy about that!

I really don’t believe an IP address is a personal identifier, or any of the data captured by GA. I know there is no name tied to the data, but how could you even find out an individual from the data captured? Unless you are a sneaky company scanning LinkedIn who called me a few months back after I had visited their website!

Thanks

Phil George
Head of IT
T: 02392 891370Ext: 2044
M: 07803 210019
W: www.nmrn.org.uk
This summer marks the start of a new era for HMS Warrior. Step back in time to
​1863, ​when the great ship set sail on a round‑Britain tour, showcasing to the people
​how public money had been spent on the biggest, fastest & most powerful ship on
​the seas. The new interpretation marks the culmination of a £4.2 million conservation
project made possible by a £3.2 million grant from the National Lottery Heritage Fund.

Our email disclaimer is online.