Is it worth pointing our TEI colleagues towards how this is conceptualised in Spectrum, or object cataloguing standards like CCO?

For example, Spectrum<https://collectionstrust.org.uk/resource/object-description-information/> lists the following kinds of content that might be described for an object:

*         Content - activity<https://collectionstrust.org.uk/resource/content-activity>

*         Content - concept<https://collectionstrust.org.uk/resource/content-concept>

*         Content - date<https://collectionstrust.org.uk/resource/content-date>

*         Content - description<https://collectionstrust.org.uk/resource/content-description>

*         Content - event name<https://collectionstrust.org.uk/resource/content-event-name>

o   Content - event name type<https://collectionstrust.org.uk/resource/content-event-name-type>

*         Content - language<https://collectionstrust.org.uk/resource/content-language>

*         Content - note<https://collectionstrust.org.uk/resource/content-note>

*         Content - object<https://collectionstrust.org.uk/resource/content-object>

o   Content - object type<https://collectionstrust.org.uk/resource/content-object-type>

*         Content - organisation<https://collectionstrust.org.uk/resource/content-organisation> (Org)

*         Content - other<https://collectionstrust.org.uk/resource/content-other>

o   Content - other type<https://collectionstrust.org.uk/resource/content-other-type>

*         Content - people<https://collectionstrust.org.uk/resource/content-people> (Peo)

*         Content - person<https://collectionstrust.org.uk/resource/content-person> (Per)

*         Content - place<https://collectionstrust.org.uk/resource/content-place> (Pla)

*         Content - position<https://collectionstrust.org.uk/resource/content-position>

*         Content - script<https://collectionstrust.org.uk/resource/content-script>

Presumably, some of these map to existing TEI elements, and could be added to the list of possible children of an <objectContents> element. But, as noted in the email below, there's also a question about whether you might want to sub-divide the objects into different aspects/parts/components, each of which has a different content ...

Best wishes

Rupert

Rupert Shepherd, PhD FSA
Collection Information Manager