Hi Victoria,

Although I’m not part of our Digital Marketing team here, I do lead on the majority of our live videos which we broadcast from a webcam we have positioned up in the masts of HMS Warrior overlooking Portsmouth Harbour (live 24/7 at www.historicdockyard.co.uk/webcam). We use it quite a lot now to cover the Royal Navy ships coming and going from the Naval Base (here was HMS Queen Elizabeth returning last week - https://www.facebook.com/historicdockyard/videos/437724423492847/ - and you’ll find many more like that on our page).

These videos tend to appeal to our core Naval enthusiast audiences and so the engagement is pretty high. We also get to cover some more interesting tall ships which pop in for stop overs, which tend to have more of a broader appeal. We actually have a smaller ship called HMS Pickle coming in at around midday today which we’ll be covering!

Hope that helps.

Thanks

Phil George
Head of IT
T: 02392 891370Ext: 2044
M: 07803 210019
W: www.nmrn.org.uk
This summer marks the start of a new era for HMS Warrior. Step back in time to
​1863, ​when the great ship set sail on a round‑Britain tour, showcasing to the people
​how public money had been spent on the biggest, fastest & most powerful ship on
​the seas. The new interpretation marks the culmination of a £4.2 million conservation
project made possible by a £3.2 million grant from the National Lottery Heritage Fund.

Our email disclaimer is online.