Hi Kate,

I’m also interested to hear who manages digital access via the catalogue, as it has been mentioned in passing at Bangor University.

Best

Lisa

Sent: 17 July 2019 13:43
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Copyright Fee Paid copies

Hi All

Copyright Fee Paid articles/extracts can be treated the same as if you had purchased an original and there is no reason why you can’t add these copies to stock regardless of how many articles from a single issue. As Caroline confirmed, adding them to library stock and library users accessing them for research, private study is outside the CLA’s remit. The CLA only licence multiple ‘copying’ or making available to multiple users for a course of study/single purpose.

Unfortunately, we haven’t made these available in general stock because

a)       we have phased out the ‘photocopy collection’ because of the staff resources needed and difficulty in maintaining and administering print copies.

b)      we hadn’t agreed on where to store and manage access to digital copies, but the additional manual cataloguing was the main barrier.

I’d also love to hear how people are managing digital access via the catalogue (if any are)?

Best wishes

Kate