Petrarch Beyond Subjectivity

This session seeks to encourage a critical reflection on the complexity of Petrarch’s poetics, ranging from his approach to modernity to his rediscovery of the past and his dialogue with the ancients, from the metaliterary strategies to the relationship with other forms of artistic expression, from political engagement to ethical questions, encompassing his whole poetic production. In particular, we aim to explore the creative space of the poet’s experience that moves from subjectivity to a variety of subjectivies.

We welcome proposals on, but are not limited to, the following topics:

·       The tension between the past and the future

·       The poetic imagination and artistic creation

·       Political experiences and desires

·       Ethical doubts and religious aspirations

·       Subjectivity vs Subjectivities

Your proposal should include the title, a 150-word abstract, a one-paragraph bio, keywords, your current academic affiliation, and general discipline area.

Please, submit your proposal to Eleonora Buonocore ([log in to unmask]) and Giulia Cardillo ([log in to unmask]) by Friday August 9th.

********************************************************************** To join the list, send the message: subscribe italian-studies YOUR NAME to: [log in to unmask] To send a message to the list, address it to: [log in to unmask] To leave the list, send the message: unsubscribe italian-studies to: [log in to unmask] In order to report problems or to contact the list's owners, write to: [log in to unmask] For further information, visit our web site: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/italian-studies