*Apologies for cross-posting*

Dear all,

Although not strictly/exclusively German-related, I hope this upcoming conference may be of interest to members of this list:

‘Our languages’: exploring collaborations in Language Education
Lancaster University, 28 September 2019

This ‘think tank’-style conference, organised by Sascha Stollhans and Dr Elena Polisca, is part of a project that explores cross-sector collaborations in language education in the UK. We invite primary and secondary teachers, academics, language professionals, policy makers, and anyone with an interest in language education to discuss ideas to tackle the ‘language crisis’ in the UK, and explore potential cross-sector collaborations. The event will result in the publication of open-access position papers with recommendations for future developments in British language education.
The project and conference is funded by the "Language Acts and Worldmaking"<https://www.languageacts.org/> strand of the AHRC Open World Research Initiative.
Confirmed keynote speakers include:

  *   Pascale Vassie OBE, National Resource Centre for Supplementary Education
  *   Dr Shirley Lawes, Lecturer and Researcher in Education, UCL
  *   Helen Myers, Assistant Head, The Ashcombe School & Chair of Association for Language Learning London Branch
  *   René Koglbauer, Dean of Lifelong Learning and Professional Practice, Executive Director of North Leadership Centre, Newcastle University & UCML Schools Liaison Officer
  *   Janet Lloyd, Primary Languages Network
  *   Dr Francesca La Morgia, Assistant Professor, Trinity College Dublin & Founder of Mother Tongues Ireland

Attendance is free but registration is required by 16 September. Further information and registration: https://www.lancaster.ac.uk/languages-and-cultures/research/our-languages-exploring-collaborations-in-language-education-conference/

All the best,
Sascha

Sascha Stollhans
Senior Teaching Associate in German Studies
German Language Convenor & International Placement Year Tutor | Schools Liaison Officer | Communications and Web Officer
Department of Languages and Cultures | Bowland North, B71 | Lancaster University | Lancaster LA1 4YN | Tel: +44 (0)1524 592466
http://www.lancaster.ac.uk/languages-and-cultures/

@SaschaStollhans<https://twitter.com/SaschaStollhans>
@DeLCLancaster<https://twitter.com/DELCLANCASTER>
Languages & Cultures at Lancaster University<https://www.facebook.com/DELCatLancaster/>