Teaching Associate in German Studies (part time, fixed term)
School of Cultures, Languages & Area Studies, University of Nottingham
Location:
University Park
Salary:
£30,395 to £39,609 per annum pro-rata depending on skills and experience. Salary progression beyond this scale is subject to performance.
Closing Date:
Thursday 16 July 2019
Reference:
ARTS206319
Applications are invited for the post of Teaching Associate in German Studies based in the School of Cultures, Languages and Area Studies. The role will play a leading role in supporting the German section (within the Department of Modern Languages and Cultures) in the teaching of German language, translation and culture at undergraduate level.
We are looking for an individual with excellent oral and written communication skills in both German and English to be involved in curriculum development and to make contributions to planning and delivering German language content. The successful candidate will have responsibility for convening and teaching core undergraduate modules in German language and content at all levels, support the development of modules in translation and linguistics and carry out associated assessment duties as well as supervising undergraduate dissertations in areas appropriate to their expertise and qualifications.
Candidates must hold a qualification in Teaching German as a Foreign Language or be able to demonstrate the equivalent in professional qualifications and experience.
This position is offered on a part-time (23 hours per week), fixed-term basis from 1 September 2019 until 31 July 2022 to cover Head of School teaching duties.
Informal enquiries may be addressed to Professor Dirk Göttsche, Professor of German Studies and German Section Lead via email [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Please note that applications sent directly to this email address will not be accepted.
Further details:
https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/jobs/currentvacancies/ref/ARTS206319

Additional Information<https://jobs.nottingham.ac.uk/Org/AdditionalInfo.aspx?ref=ARTS206319>:
https://jobs.nottingham.ac.uk/Org/AdditionalInfo.aspx?ref=ARTS206319

Our University has always been a supportive, inclusive, caring and positive community. We warmly welcome those of different cultures, ethnicities and beliefs - indeed this very diversity is vital to our success, it is fundamental to our values and enriches life on campus. We welcome applications from UK, Europe and from across the globe. For more information on the support we offer our international colleagues, visit; https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/jobs/applyingfromoverseas/index2.aspx

Apply online: https://jobs.nottingham.ac.uk/Logon/default.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2forg%2fapp%2fstart.aspx%3fjobId%3d26169

Prof. Dr. Dirk Göttsche
School of Cultures, Languages and Area Studies
University Park, Trent Building C35
Nottingham NG7 2RD, UK
Tel. +44 (0)115 8466 297

attachment.