Apologies for cross posting.

We invite you to submit an abstract to our AGU session:

AGU Session V014 – "Continental Metamorphism as an Agent for Deep Crustal Differentiation"

Metamorphism in the middle to lower continental crust can lead to significant changes in composition, rheology, density, and seismic velocity. Several dynamic processes are impacted by high temperature (>700°C) metamorphism and melting in the deep crust. These include lower crustal flow, relamination, dehydration, development and preservation of orogenic roots, and the production of melts and residues, among others. Much remains unknown regarding the magnitude and timescales of these processes and the degree to which they influence the differentiation of continental crust. We seek contributions that will explore these processes and other advances pertaining to continental metamorphism using geochemical, geochronological, petrological, structural, and geophysical datasets.

Invited Speakers:
Emily Chin (Scripps Institution of Oceanography)
Robert Holder (University of Michigan)

AGU Fall Meeting, December 9-13, 2019
Abstract Deadline = July 31, 2019
Web: https://agu.confex.com/agu/fm19/prelim.cgi/Session/75119

On Behalf of the Conveners:
Gregory Dumond (University of Arkansas)
Stacia Gordon (University of Nevada, Reno)
Roberta Rudnick (University of California, Santa Barbara)

To unsubscribe from the GEO-METAMORPHISM list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=GEO-METAMORPHISM&A=1