Hello,

We’re on FSL 6.0.1 and I’m trying to run

fslchfiletype ANALYZE dti_-R+A-F_FA.nii.gz avw_test

but get this error

ERROR:: Unrecognised value (ANALYZE) of environment variable FSLOUTPUTTYPE

Legal values are: NIFTI, NIFTI_PAIR, NIFTI_GZ, NIFTI_PAIR_GZ

This is very strange though because when I enter

fslchfiletype

the output says

Usage: /opt/apps/apps/binapps/fsl/6.0.1/bin/fslchfiletype <filetype> <filename> [filename2]

   Changes the file type of the image file, or copies to new file

   Valid values of filetype are ANALYZE, NIFTI, NIFTI_PAIR,

                                  ANALYZE_GZ, NIFTI_GZ, NIFTI_PAIR_GZ

Any ideas, please?

I have legacy analysis code that only accepts images in Analyze format which is why I need to convert from NIfTI – I know, very archaic!

Many thanks.

Best wishes,

Hamied

Dr Hamied A Haroon, MInstP, MSc, PhD | Research Associate in Biomedical Magnetic Resonance Imaging

Division of Informatics, Imaging & Data Sciences | School of Health Sciences | Faculty of Biology, Medicine and Health

The University of Manchester

Room G.522 | Centre for Imaging Sciences | Stopford Building | Oxford Road | Manchester M13 9PT | England | United Kingdom