Dear IEA members,

There’s an interesting conference coming up in Brighton, UK - Corpora and Discourse. I looked through the list of topics to see if it included anything ecological and saw “discourse analyses of socially important issues” but nothing about ecology. I politely asked the organisers if ecological issues could be included since there’s been some good recent work in this area and it’s an important topic given the current situation of the world. I got a nice reply:

They immediately added “discourse analyses of ecological issues” to the website, as you will see. So I’d recommend this conference if you are interested in corpus approaches. And if you see other conferences which have overlooked ecology then a polite email could help get it included – not just discourse analysis but sociolinguistics, rhetoric, applied linguistics, TESOL etc.

best wishes,

Arran

--

Arran Stibbe

Professor of Ecological Linguistics

Academic Course Leader, English

University of Gloucestershire

FCH Campus, Swindon Road

Cheltenham GL50 4AZ

Email: [log in to unmask]

--

.

To unsubscribe from the ECOLINGUISTICS list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=ECOLINGUISTICS&A=1