Institute of Classical Studies
Senate House, Malet Street, London WC1E 7HU
Friday July 12, 2019 at 16:30 in room G11

Georgia Kolovou (Center for Hellenic Studies)
Translating the Homeric Scholia in the manuscript Venetus A: from the text to hypertext.

The Homer Multitext project offers a complete, web-based, digital scholarly edition of the contents of the manuscript Venetus A (10th century), the oldest complete witness to the poem, together with its marginal comments (scholia). The text and scholia have been transcribed as a digital diplomatic edition, representing faithfully the text of the manuscript, and marked up with TEI-XML encoding for several key features. In this paper, our goal is double: we will explain something of the importance of this deluxe manuscript and we will describe the work of transcribing and translating it in digital form.

Seminar will be livestreamed and archived at: https://youtu.be/u4GylPmR17s

Full programme: http://www.digitalclassicist.org/wip/wip2018.html

ALL WELCOME

Dr Valeria Vitale

Institute of Classical Studies, Research Fellow

Senate House, Malet Street

London WC1E 7HU

Pelagios Commons Education Director

commons.pelagios.org

To unsubscribe from the DIGITALCLASSICIST list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=DIGITALCLASSICIST&A=1