Dear all,

We have DP query here at UoL, with regards to external data transfers (research data primarily), what methods are Universities using to facilitate this? We've been looking at other Universities websites to gleam information and we can see things like OneDrive, Google Drive, (in many cases, including in our case, the Drives are only being used internally and do not allow external transfers) Dropbox etc being used, but usually this is low risk data which can be considered as being data released publicly.

So, how are your academics sharing data where they are collaborating with other parties? For example, confidential research data, patient health data etc. etc.? Are you using only physical methods? NAS Drives, external hard drives? Has anyone found a completely GDPR compliant service that facilitates huge electronic data transfers?

Many thanks in advance,
Claudia

Claudia Perdomo-Pelaez
Senior Information Assurance Officer
Information Assurance Services,
University of Leicester, University Road, Leicester, LE1 7RH, UK

t: +44 (0)116 229 7345
e:  [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>
w: www.le.ac.uk<http://www.le.ac.uk/>
[cid:image001.png@01D23F4B.BA999490]
Follow us on Twitter<https://twitter.com/uniofleicester> or visit our Facebook<http://www.facebook.com/uniofleicester> page

All user commands can be found at https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/help/subscribers/subscribercommands.html