 Billions of trees needed, and where we might put them,

https://www.fastcompany.com/90373326/billions-of-new-trees-could-help-stop-climate-change-heres-how-we-get-them
Or as pointed out recently, just leave the land alone. Within a year it will be long grass and scrubby bushes. Within 5 years it will be brambles and small trees. Within a couple of decades it will be on the way to forest. All the time sequestering carbon away in plant material. We avoid the H2S debacle of planting trees in plastic tubes and they aren't watered and they all die, with carbon emitting machinery. There's no risk of vandalism, small trees can get vandalised, scrubby long grass and bushes don't. We create an ongoing habitat for insects, small mammals, other wildlife. A more natual balanced habitat, not a tree monoculture. Oh sorry, less jobs and money for industry of course.

Anyone else got an opinion here?
http://fooddeserts.org/images/000Environment.htm

Dr Hillary J. Shaw
Senior Research Fellow - Centre for Urban Research on Austerity
Department of Politics and Public Policy
De Montfort University, Leicester
LE1 9BH
http://dmu.ac.uk/about-dmu/academic-staff/business-and-law/hilary-shaw/hillary-shaw.aspx
www.fooddeserts.org