Hi all,
We are an amyloid lab and just started working on cryoEM. Our own dataset was giving me a really hard time so I'm trying to go through the whole process by processing data deposited on EMPIAR. Particularly, #10230 (Falcon B et al., Acta Neuropathol. 136 699-708 (2018)).
I learned mostly from Relion tutorial, helical processing tutorial, Sjors' lecture online as well as some colleagues who do single particle. It seems to be not easy to repeat the literature results. For example, in 2D classification, I ended up with only one class (with clear beta-sheets and very blur edges) with T=2~8. How should I setup the parameters in this step? Or anything in earlier steps should be adjusted?
Also just in general, would anyone be kind enough to share a general tutorial or tips for amyloid fibrils helical reconstruction? Or anywhere else I can find such specific helps? It would help the newcomers a lot!
Thanks!

QL