From: CCP4BB <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: 22 July 2019 11:32
To: John Berrisford <[log in to unmask]>
Cc: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [ccp4bb] Questionable Ligand Density: 6MO0, 6MO1, 6MO2

Hi John

These are great, but the things that make me suspicious are the values of overall R(merge); these are tucked away in the full reports, rather than highlighted with all the other structural metrics in the validation sliders. It would be wonderful to be able to see at a glance where overall R(merge) values like these fit in with those of other deposited structures (even better if it could be drawn to the attention of authors before final deposition).

Kay and Gérard have already pointed out that the data processing here may have some issues.

Of course, those of us involved in teaching data processing have been emphasizing the importance of CC(1/2) rather than relying on R(merge) for yonks, but if CC(1/2) isn't given in the report it's all we have to go

Harry

--

Dr Harry Powell