Dear Members,

This is a reminder that the Section for New Professionals (SfNP) currently has vacancies for the roles of Careers Officer and Training Officer. For further information on the roles please click on the links.

These roles do not require any previous experience other than an interest in taking part and time commitment. Prospective applicants must be current members of the ARA and preferably be starting their careers or newly qualified professionals up to five years.

We welcome expressions of interest from archivists, conservators and records managers.

Being part of the SfNP committee is a great opportunity to gain new skills, make an active contribution to the profession and engage with peers and established professionals. For an overview of all our activities, please visit our webpage at: https://www.archives.org.uk/about/sections-interest-groups/new-professionals.html

To express your interest in one of these roles, please send a short statement (one page suffices) saying why the role interests you, outlining your interest in SfNP and ARA activities, and stating how you would manage working time and the team's commitments. Expressions of interest should be sent to Sara Brimble, SfNP Chair, by Wednesday, 10 July 2019 at: [log in to unmask] Please indicate in your email and submission which role you are applying for. The successful applicant will be notified by Wednesday, 17 July with a view of taking up the role after a one-month period of shadowing the outgoing Officer. Requests for further information are welcome to the same address.

With thanks and best wishes

Sara Brimble,

SfNP Chair

Visit our webpage: