Florence Nightingale Bicentennial Fellowship and Tutor in Statistics and Probability
Department of Statistics, 24-29 St Giles', Oxford
Grade 8: £40,792 - £48,677 p.a.

The Florence Nightingale Bicentennial Fellowship and Tutor in Statistics and Probability is a new fellowship at Oxford and we are recruiting to it with effect from October 2019 or as soon as possible thereafter. This is a rare and exciting opportunity to establish and sustain your own independent research programme of the highest academic standards within the computational statistics and machine learning group of researchers. You will join a dynamic and collaborative department, where our statistics research is world-leading. You will have the opportunity to teach both undergraduates and graduates.

We need you to hold a relevant PhD/DPhil with post-qualification research experience and have a strong publication record. You must be able to demonstrate the ability to plan and manage research projects independently. You will be an effective teacher of a range of topics within Statistics and Mathematics at undergraduate and/or graduate level, and will bring the excellent interpersonal skills necessary for undertaking teaching and pastoral duties.

Queries about this post should be addressed to Professor Charlotte Deane or Professor Yee Whye.

This post is fixed-term until 30 September 2024.

Only applications received before 12.00 midday on 23 September 2019 will be considered. Interviews will be held on 7 October 2019.
Contact Person :  Shabana Akthar
Vacancy ID :  141486
Contact Phone :  01865 272866
Closing Date :  23-Sep-2019