From: Karina Rapp <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, June 25, 2019 9:49 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Cc: Rapp, Karina
Subject: Complete Draft Horse Skeletons

Good morning, zooarchers.

I am a master's student at the University of Exeter, working on a dissertation relating to the equine vertebral column and the pelvis. I am wondering if anyone knows of any complete draft-type horse skeletons (Shire etc.) in Britain.

I have already exhausted the collections at the Natural History Museum in London, and the National Museum of Scotland, and I have checked the Archaeology Data Service website. The University of Southampton and the Historic England has a few horses I haven't measured yet, but again, no draft horses that I can see from the ADS website. I am aware of some collections in France, Germany, and Prague, but I can't spare the money or time to visit those.

In addition to looking for a draft skeleton, I am also interested in any already-collected data worldwide (does not have to be Britain specific) on the thoracolumbar and pelvic regions for any horse types (especially horses bred and used for driving activity).

If anyone can think of anything else off the top of their heads, I would be very grateful. Thank you!

Sincerely,
Karina Rapp
MSc Zooarchaeology Student
University of Exeter, HumAnE Lab

To unsubscribe from the ZOOARCH list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=ZOOARCH&A=1