For >>sheet bend<<, see Seven Essential Knots for Sailors .

What cheer,

Kim Dammers

On Friday, June 14, 2019, 2:29:13 PM GMT+6, Arturo Morales <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Dear Katariina,

Check chapter 5 in:

Leach, F. 2006 Fishing in Pre-European New Zealand. Archaeofauna, 15: 1-266. https://revistas.uam.es/archaeofauna/issue/viewIssue/631/403

Best,

Arturo

De: Analysis of animal remains from archaeological sites [mailto:[log in to unmask]] En nombre de Katariina Nurminen
Enviado el: viernes, 14 de junio de 2019 9:16
Para: [log in to unmask]
Asunto: [ZOOARCH] Fishing nets

Dear all,

I´m working with my PhD thesis "Fish bones and fishing in Finland during the Stone Age".

Would anyone of you happen to know any international references of prehistorical fishing net knots/ bends?

I have a problem with the proper word concerning the Antrea net knots. According to the English Wikipedia it would probably be "sheet bend" in English but I can´t use Wikipedia as a source.

I would also appreciate any international references mentioning and old seine made of fresh branches of tree leaves - and a proper English word for that.

Best regards,

Katariina Nurminen

PhD student

University of Helsinki, Finland

--

Katariina Nurminen

00790 Helsinki
050 569 1634

To unsubscribe from the ZOOARCH list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=ZOOARCH&A=1