Dear colleagues,

I am searching analogies to unworked isolated animal (cattle, sheep, pig) scapulae and phalanges found to be intentional component in Early Bronze Age (Únětice culture) burials in the Czech Republic, which are obviously not meat offerings. If someone can help me with references on such or other ritual use of these elements in archaeological context (especially from 3rd-2nd millennia BC) I will be grateful.

I'm familiar with the use of the scapula in scapulimancy and astragali (similar to phalanges in shape and size) as knucklebones, potentially also in divination. But this evidence is mainly based on much later (written, medieval) or ethnographic sources.

Best regards,

René