Hi all, we are pleased to announce that our 2014 guidance document Animal Bones and Archaeology: Guidelines for Best Practice has been re-issued in a new Historic England format (Baker, P and Worley, F 2019 Animal Bones and Archaeology: Recovery to Archive. Swindon: Historic England), and is now available as a free download or to purchase as a paperback handbook, see https://historicengland.org.uk/images-books/publications/animal-bones-and-archaeology/. This re-issue includes minor changes reflecting organisational and sectoral developments since 2014, and a new layout.

Supplements 2 and 3, posters for laboratory and field, have also been re-issued. A new updated version of Supplement 1 (Reference Resources) is due for release in the coming weeks.

The handbook and its supplements were written in collaboration with many colleagues across the commercial, academic and public sectors in the UK, including Lucy Allott, Gemma Ayton, James Barrett, Jennifer Browning, Eva Fairnell, Chris Gleed-Owen, Andy Hammon, Lorrain Higbee, Matilda Holmes, Richard Madgwick, Mark Maltby, James Morris, Rebecca Nicholson, Terry O’Connor, David Orton, Dale Serjeantson, Richard Thomas, Sylvia Warman and Jim Williams.

Wishing you a happy weekend, Poly and Fay

Historic England Logo

We are the public body that helps people care for, enjoy and celebrate England's spectacular historic environment, from beaches and battlefields to parks and pie shops.
Follow us:  Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram     Sign up to our newsletter

This e-mail (and any attachments) is confidential and may contain personal views which are not the views of Historic England unless specifically stated. If you have received it in error, please delete it from your system and notify the sender immediately. Do not use, copy or disclose the information in any way nor act in reliance on it. Any information sent to Historic England may become publicly available. We respect your privacy and the use of your information. Please read our full privacy policy for more information.

To unsubscribe from the ZOOARCH list, click the following link:
https://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/cgi-bin/webadmin?SUBED1=ZOOARCH&A=1